Submissions to AMS journals are made through the publication's Editorial Manager, an online submission management system. Please review the requirements below before submitting your work.
- Formatting: Adhere to all formatting guidelines. Word authors should use the AMS Word Template, and LaTeX authors should consult Submission Information for LaTeX Authors and use the AMS LaTeX Template.
- Original, Unpublished Work: When a submission is created, confirm that the manuscript is not currently submitted elsewhere and has not been published previously.
- Page Charge Estimations: Calculate an estimation of charges using the appropriate worksheet below. You must either commit to paying the estimated page charges or apply for a page charge waiver. Comments/Replies and submissions to Artificial Intelligence for the Earth Systems, Earth Interactions, and Weather, Climate, and Society do NOT require this form. See Page Charges, Waivers, and Fees for more information.
- Journal Cost Estimation and Agreement Worksheet – for technical journals
- BAMS Initial Estimation Worksheet – for BAMS
- AIES Cost Agreement Worksheet – optional form for AIES to be used when an author is not able to agree to the charges via the standard submission questionnaire.
- File Upload: Upload and designate all files with correct item type definitions. After you complete all required fields and correctly upload all files, a PDF will be generated. Carefully review this PDF before approving it for peer review.
- Coauthor Verification: When you approve the submission,* an email is automatically sent to each coauthor; all must verify coauthorship via the link received in that email. All email addresses must be current and correct. The list of coauthors entered in Editorial Manager must match the list of coauthors on the manuscript title page.
Once all requirements above are met, manuscripts are sent to the Chief Editor’s office to begin the peer review process.
* The official date of submission is the date that the author approves the submission (in an acceptable format) and adheres to all applicable waiver agreement requirements. If an author-approved submission is returned for modifications, the author must reapprove the submission. This later approval date will be the official date of submission. Editorial Manager records dates using the Eastern (U.S.) time zone, not the date of the author’s time zone.