To be eligible for Project Atmosphere you must:
- Have enough background knowledge or practice/experience with content to benefit from the course
- Teach or supervise the instruction of weather or relevant subject area
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development, and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of weather and climate in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
- Be able to pay the $150 academic fee to the AMS Education Program upon acceptance to the course
To apply for Project Atmosphere:
- Refer to the instructions linked here. We highly recommend either printing this page and/or keeping these instructions open in another computer tab or window for your reference.
- Begin the application by accessing the link here.
All completed applications must be submitted by March 22, 2024.
Please note that Project Ocean will not be running in 2024. If you plan on applying for the Project Ice course, you can follow the instructions linked here; please note that the deadline is different than the one for Project Atmosphere.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email ([email protected]) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.