To be eligible for Project Atmosphere you must:
- Have enough background knowledge or practice/experience with content to benefit from the course
- Teach or supervise the instruction of weather or relevant subject area
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development, and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of weather and climate in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
- Be able to pay the $150 academic fee to the AMS Education Program upon acceptance to the course
To apply for Project Atmosphere:
Instructions on how to apply will be available when the application process opens in mid/late Fall; please return to this page then for more information.
The application deadline will be posted in mid/late Fall, at the same time as the instructions to apply.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email ([email protected]) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.