To be eligible for Project Atmosphere you must:
- Have sufficient college-level training to benefit from the material
- Teach or supervise the instruction of weather or a similarly applicable course
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development, and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of weather and climate in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
- Be able to pay the $150 academic fee to the AMS Education Program upon acceptance to the course
To apply for Project Atmosphere:
Instructions on how to apply will be available when the application process opens in mid/late Fall; please return to this page then for more information.
The application deadline will be posted in mid/late Fall, at the same time as the instructions to apply.
Please note that if you are also planning on applying for the Project Ocean course, you can use these same instructions to do so; the instructions will indicate how to apply for both.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email (email@example.com) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.