To be eligible for Project Atmosphere you must:
- Have enough background knowledge or practice/experience with content to benefit from the course
- Teach or supervise the instruction of weather or relevant subject area
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development, and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of weather and climate in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
To apply for Project Atmosphere:
- Refer to the instructions linked here. We highly recommend either printing this page and/or keeping these instructions open in another computer tab or window for your reference.
- Begin the application by accessing the link here.
All completed applications must be submitted by March 24, 2023.
Please note that if you are also planning on applying for the Project Ocean course, you can use these same instructions to do so; the instructions will indicate how to apply for both.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.