Advance your teaching skills and become a leader in Earth science education.
More than 22,000 teachers across the United States have energized their classes with information and techniques learned through the AMS DataStreme courses. They become science leaders in their own schools and communities, educating their teacher colleagues, and ultimately reaching millions of students nationwide.
AMS DataStreme is a low-cost, convenient option for salary advancement and teacher recertification:
- All three DataStreme courses are part of a master's level program offered through California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U)—successful participants will earn three graduate credits for each course.
- Each course is 13 weeks long, completed online, and offered in the spring and fall.
- An incredible value at an extremely low cost at $450 per course ($350 for AMS members)*.
- Complete three of five AMS professional development courses, including any or all of the AMS DataStreme courses, and receive a post-baccalaureate certificate from California University of Pennsylvania.
- Cal U is authorized to award credit for these courses in all fifty U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories.
- Any of the semester-long DataStreme courses, along with the Project Atmosphere or Project Ocean Summer Courses, can be applied toward the two courses required to apply for the Certified AMS Teacher (CAT) credential!