26–29 October 2021
Registration will be open in February 2021.
**The 2021 AMS Washington Forum will take place in a virtual format. As we are not able to meet in person as planned, we have changed the format of conference to one that is conducive to virtual learning and collaboration. This event will still provide an important platform to examine public policy issues across the weather, water, and climate sciences and will feature several leadership keynotes. We hope that by eliminating travel costs and setting registration rates as low as possible, we can maximize participation by those interested in learning more about how weather, water, and climate information can help support risk management across the public and private sectors.**
Pre-Registration Deadline: 05 April 2021
No Registration Refund After: 12 April 2021
AMS Meetings and COVID-19
Professional and Respectful Conduct at AMS Meetings
Need to report unprofessional or disrespectful conduct? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-226-3965.
- AMS is committed to safe and inclusive meetings for all attendees.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated at any meeting or event associated with the meeting.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Be inclusive and respectful.
- This statement is meant to cover all meeting-associated events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AMS but held in relation to AMS events. This includes the scientific program, short courses, and exhibitions, as well as receptions, town hall meetings, and other informal or formal gatherings associated with AMS. Similarly, participants shall adhere to this code of conduct in online spaces related to the meeting and meeting-associated events, including Facebook, Twitter, and other online venues.
- Those who violate the standards of professional and respectful conduct may be asked to leave the meeting immediately and without refund, may not be considered for service on AMS boards and committees, and may be subject to additional legal action.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination includes offensive comments and actions related to age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately:
- If you witness or experience behavior that constitutes an immediate and serious threat, please call 911.
- Members of the response team:
- Keith Seitter, Executive Director
- Stephanie Armstrong, Associate Executive Director
- Brian Papa, Associate Executive Director
- Jen Ives, Senior Meetings Manager
- Jen Rosen, Senior Exhibits Manager
- Claudia Gorski, Director of Meetings
- Wendy Abshire, Education Program Director
There are several sponsorship opportunities available at the AMS Washington Forum. All sponsors will receive recognition on the conference website, conference program and signage at event sponsored. Interested companies and organizations should contact Meghan Summers.