Thank you for attending the 16th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation this conference was held virtually 01-04 June 2021.
The Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography served to advance and disseminate multidisciplinary research on phenomena that impact the weather and climate of the polar regions as well as the applications to the needs of humans and society. We were happy to be able to bring the community together during the 2021 conference!
Enter the Virtual Platform Here
The 16th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography was hosted by the American Meteorological Society and organized by the Committee on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography.
There were several sponsorship opportunities available at the 16th Conference on Polar Meteorology and Oceanography. All sponsors will receive recognition on the conference website, conference program and signage at event sponsored.
It is the Society's sincere desire to comply fully with both the letter and the spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Attendees with special needs at the conference should check with the AMS Meetings Department (617) 226-3916, four–six weeks prior to the meeting to request special arrangements. Special housing needs should be requested when making hotel reservations.
Inclusivity at AMS
AMS is committed to creating an environment for meetings that “embraces diversity through the inclusion of individuals across age, gender, race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, physical ability, marital status, sexual orientation, body shape or size, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, and other facets of social diversity” (see: https://www.ametsoc.org/index.cfm/ams/about-ams/diversity-and-inclusion-at-ams/).
Professional and Respectful Conduct at AMS Meetings
Need to report unprofessional or disrespectful conduct? Email [email protected] or call 617-226-3965.
- AMS is committed to safe and inclusive meetings for all attendees.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated at any meeting or event associated with the meeting.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Be inclusive and respectful.
- This statement is meant to cover all meeting-associated events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AMS but held in relation to AMS events. This includes the scientific program, short courses, and exhibitions, as well as receptions, town hall meetings, and other informal or formal gatherings associated with AMS. Similarly, participants shall adhere to this code of conduct in online spaces related to the meeting and meeting-associated events, including Facebook, Twitter, and other online venues.
- Those who violate the standards of professional and respectful conduct may be asked to leave the meeting immediately and without refund, may not be considered for service on AMS boards and committees, and may be subject to additional legal action.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination includes offensive comments and actions related to age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately:
- Notify an AMS Staff Member (wearing a blue ribbon at an in person meeting).
- Email [email protected] or call 617-226-3965
- Email AMS Executive Director, Keith Seitter, [email protected]
- If you witness or experience behavior that constitutes an immediate and serious threat, please call 911.
- Members of the response team:
- Keith Seitter, Executive Director
- Stephanie Armstrong, Associate Executive Director
- Brian Papa, Associate Executive Director
- Claudia Gorski, Director of Meetings
- Jen Ives, Associate Director of Meetings
- Jenn Rosen, Senior Meetings and Exhibits Manager
- Wendy Abshire, Education Program Director