March 11, 2015
Room SVC 215, Capitol Visitor's Center
RSVP deadline is March 9th COB: firstname.lastname@example.org
Flooding threatens lives and property all along U.S. coasts. This briefing will explore:
- different types of flooding threatening coastal communities;
- risk communication strategies, focusing on storm surge; and
- mitigation options that allow cities, counties, and states to lessen damages from both recurrent flooding and extreme events like hurricanes.
- Molly Mitchell, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Jamie Rhome, National Hurricane Center
- Kristin Baja, Baltimore Office of Sustainability
Presented by the American Meteorological Society Policy Program, the Association of State Floodplain Managers, the Coastal States Organization, and the Consortium for Ocean Leadership.
A video recording of the briefing is now available online HERE.