The Conference on Mountain Meteorology serves to advance and disseminate multidisciplinary research and applications related to complex terrain and of importance to weather, water, and climate. We look forward to bringing the community together during the 2022 conference!
The 20th Conference on Mountain Meteorology is hosted by the American Meteorological Society and organized by the Committee on Mountain Meteorology.
All presenters and attendees must register to attend the conference.
The meeting will be held from June 27-July 1, 2022.
Connect with Us
Use #AMSMountain2022 and follow the Mountain Meteorology committee on Twitter: @AMSMountain and on Facebook: @AMSMountainMet.
Inclusivity at AMS
AMS is committed to creating an environment for meetings that “embraces diversity through the inclusion of individuals across age, gender, race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, physical ability, marital status, sexual orientation, body shape or size, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, and other facets of social diversity” (see: https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/about-ams/diversity-and-inclusion-at-ams/).
It is the Society's sincere desire to comply fully with both the letter and the spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Attendees with special needs at the conference should check with the AMS Meetings Department by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (617-226-3916 ), four–six weeks prior to the meeting to request special arrangements.
Professional and Respectful Conduct at AMS Meetings
Need to report unprofessional or disrespectful conduct? Email email@example.com or call 617-226-3965.
- AMS is committed to safe and inclusive meetings for all attendees.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated at any meeting or event associated with the meeting.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Be inclusive and respectful.
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- This statement is meant to cover all meeting-associated events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AMS but held in relation to AMS events. This includes the scientific program, short courses, and exhibitions, as well as receptions, town hall meetings, and other informal or formal gatherings associated with AMS. Similarly, participants shall adhere to this code of conduct in online spaces related to the meeting and meeting-associated events, including Facebook, Twitter, and other online venues.
- Those who violate the standards of professional and respectful conduct may be asked to leave the meeting immediately and without refund, may not be considered for service on AMS boards and committees, and may be subject to additional legal action.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination includes offensive comments and actions related to age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately either:
- If you witness or experience behavior that constitutes an immediate and serious threat, please call 911.
Members of the response team:
- Keith Seitter, Executive Director
- Stephanie Armstrong, Associate Executive Director
- Brian Papa, Associate Executive Director
- Jen Ives, Director of Meetings
- Jenn Rosen, Senior Meetings and Exhibits Manager
- Wendy Abshire, Education Program Director
- Katy Putsavage, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
There are several sponsorship opportunities available at the 20th Conference on Mountain Meteorology. All sponsors will receive recognition on the conference website, conference program and signage at event sponsored. Interested companies and organizations should contact Adam Kelly.