29 July – 1 August 2019, Savannah, GA
Thank you for attending the 18th Conference on Mesoscale Processes!
The 18th Conference on Mesoscale Processes is organized by the AMS Committee on Mesoscale Processes and hosted by the American Meteorological Society.
There were several sponsorship opportunities available at the 18th Conference on Mesoscale Processes. All sponsors will receive recognition on the conference website, conference program and signage at event sponsored.
It is the Society's sincere desire to comply fully with both the letter and the spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Attendees with special needs at the conference should check with the AMS Meetings Department (617) 226-3916, four–six weeks prior to the meeting to request special arrangements. Special housing needs should be requested when making hotel reservations.
Professional and Respectful Conduct at Meetings
Need to report unprofessional or disrespectful conduct? Email [email protected] or call 617-226-3965.
- AMS is committed to safe and inclusive meetings for all attendees.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated at any meeting or event associated with the meeting.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Be inclusive and respectful
- Those who violate the standards of professional and respectful conduct may be asked to leave the meeting immediately and without refund, may not be considered for service on AMS boards and committees, and may be subject to additional legal action.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination includes offensive comments and actions related to age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately:
- Notify an AMS Staff Member who is wearing a blue ribbon.
- Email [email protected] or call 617-226-3965. All members of the AMS response team, listed below, will be alerted to the report and will ensure a timely response.
- Email AMS Executive Director, Keith Seitter, [email protected]
If you witness or experience behavior that constitutes an immediate and serious threat, please call 911.
Members of the response team:
- Keith Seitter Executive Director
- Stephanie Armstrong, Associate Executive Director
- Brian Papa, Associate Executive Director
- Jen Ives, Meetings Manager
- Claudia Gorski, Director of Meetings
- Wendy Abshire, Education Program Director
Inclusivity at AMS
AMS is commited to creating an environment for meetings that “embraces diversity through the inclusion of individuals across age, gender, race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, physical ability, marital status, sexual orientation, body shape or size, gender identity and expression, socioeconomic status, and other facets of social diversity” (see: https://www.ametsoc.org/index.cfm/ams/about-ams/diversity-and-inclusion-at-ams/).