- NOAA Undergraduate Scholarships
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. Approximately 130 students are selected each year for participation in the Ernest F. Hollings (Hollings) and Educational Partnership Program with Minority Serving Institutions (EPP/MSI) scholarship programs. These scholarships include support for two years of undergraduate study and summer internship opportunities at NOAA facilities across the country.
The Hollings and EPP/MSI Undergraduate Scholarship share a common application and students who are eligible for both programs are encouraged to apply to both.
* US Citizen (Hollings and EPP/MSI); US Nationals (EPP/MSI)
* 3.0 GPA (Hollings) or 3.2 GPA (EPP/MSI)
* Full-time second year student in an accredited four-year undergraduate program or third year student in a five-year undergraduate program;
* a community college or transfer student who is applying to a four-year institution
* Enrolled at a Minority Serving Institution (EPP/MSI Scholarship only)
* Majoring in NOAA mission disciplines, including but not limited to: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, education, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.
For further information, contact the Office of Education Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov or (301) 628-2913.
- Pathways to Science Funding Opportunities
At the moment, PathwaysToScience.org has over 70 portable scholarships and fellowships posted on the site. These include undergraduate, graduate, and postdoc level funding opportunities with an emphasis on increasing diversity in STEM.
- Undergraduate scholarships and tips and resources for applying
- Graduate fellowships and resources for applying
- Postdoc funding and resources
- A quick video tutorial on using our advanced search functions to find funding opportunities
Students who would like assistance in searching our database of funding opportunities can email Liv Detrick with their level of study, disciplinary interests, and any other relevant requirements.