June 4-9, 2023
Put yourself in the picture: the 2023 AMS Summer Policy Colloquium.
Do you want to put your science to work? See it contribute to a better world? Then you want to be as disciplined in your approach to the policy process as you are to your research and services.
Join some 30–40 of your peers: early to midcareer earth and atmospheric scientists from academia, government, and the private sector who will dialog with policy-level officials in the federal agencies and Executive Office of the President, Congressional members and staffers from both parties, and other leaders engaged in the policy process.
This is the 23nd year of this unique and highly successful AMS science policy immersion workshop; alumni now number over 700.
The 2023 Colloquium will cover:
- The basics:
- The science-policy process
- Federal R&D budgets
- Congress (House and Senate)
- White House (OMB and OSTP)
- Federal agency players
- International science diplomacy
- Environmental security
- Policy implications of the Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017, as well as selected climate-change legislation
- Valuation—what’s involved in estimating the worth of environmental intelligence to society and the world
- …and more!
Registration for the 2023 Colloquium is open.