Specific information for this meeting.
• Edits to Abstract Deadline: 27 November 15
• Presentation Upload Deadline (before meeting): 12 April 16
• Extended Manuscript Deadline: 18 May 16
General Information for Authors and Presenters (Standard Room Set and Tips!)
If you would like to upload your presentation file before the meeting, please do so in presenter's corner no later than 12 April. You can also upload your file at the meeting in the room you are presenting in. There will be a student volunteer at the podium in between sessions to assist with uploading.
All posters will be located in the Plaza Grand Ballroom (Old Casino location). Please reference the program for your poster viewing time.
Set up and tear down information
Tuesday Poster Session Set Up: Monday starting at 12:00 p.m.
Tear Down: Wednesday by 10:30 a.m.*. All posters MUST be down by 10:30 a.m.
Thursday Poster Session Set Up: Wednesday starting at 12:00 p.m.
Tear Down: Friday by 10:30 a.m.*. All posters MUST be down by 10:30 a.m.
Formal Poster Viewing Hours
Tuesday 4:00-5:45 p.m.
Thursday 4:00-5:45 p.m.
What will I present?
- The Poster Display is a 4' x 6' (1.2m x 1.8m) double-sided Velcro covered panel. These panels have a horizontal/landscape orientation.
- You can mount your poster with AMS supplied pushpins or Velcro.
- Feel free to bring handouts or upload your poster image to Presenter’s Corner. (see instructions here) to reference during formal poster viewing hours.
- Want to use your laptop to enhance your poster? Send us a request before the meeting but please note that we don’t provide electricity in our poster halls.
- Want to point people to even more information about your poster? Include a QR Code. Information on QR codes, including reader software and code generators, is available online (http://www.mobile-barcodes.com/).
Tips for your Poster Presentation:
- Place the title at the top center of the poster.
- Use 72 point letters.
- Avoid hand drawn materials.
- Keep it simple.
- Do not post the pages of your paper.
- Make sure it has a logical flow.
- Use color, graphics, charts, and photos.
- Key points should be in large type.
- Do not try to tell the entire story on the panel.
- Save some key points for the one-on-one discussion.
- Avoid the following color combinations: Green&Red; Green&Brown; Blue&Purple; Green&Blue; Light Green&Yellow; Blue&Grey; Green&Grey; Green&Black
How will I present?
- Have your poster printed by a large format printing company.
- Set up your poster during the scheduled set up time. We’ll post this on your meeting’s webpage.
- Stand by your poster, ready to talk about your poster and answer questions from other attendees during the formal poster viewing hours. These hours will be available in your meeting’s webprogram.
- Tear down your poster during the scheduled tear down time. You can find this time on your meeting’s webpage. Please note that AMS is not responsible for any posters left up after the tear down time.
General Information for Authors and Presenters