View Current Issue Submit to EI
Earth Interactions (EI) (ISSN: 1087-3562; eISSN: 1087-3562) publishes integrative, interdisciplinary Earth Systems Science research that advances our understanding of the interactions and coupling between Earth’s physical systems and chemical and biological processes, including (but not limited to) biogeochemical cycling, biodiversity, and the multitude of human influences.
Earth Interactions is fully open access.
2022 Impact Factor: 2.0
- Articles: Up to 7500 words, including the body text, acknowledgments, and appendixes. The word limit does not include the title page, abstract, references, captions, tables, and figures. If a submission exceeds the word limit, the author must provide a justification for the length of the manuscript and request the Chief Editor’s approval of the overage. This request may be uploaded in a document with the "Cover Letter" item type or entered in the comment field in the submission system.
- Reviews: Synthesis of previously published literature that may address successes, failures, and limitations. Requires Review Proposal. For more information, see Review Articles.
- Comment and Reply Exchange: Comments are written in response to a published article and should be submitted within 2 years of the publication date of the original article (although the editor can waive this limit in extenuating circumstances). The author of the original article has the opportunity to write a Reply. These exchanges are published together.
- Corrigenda: The corrigendum article type is available for authors to address errors discovered in already published articles. For more information, see Corrigenda.
- Perspectives: These short articles can be based on the authors’ experiences, vision, or knowledge of a given field. They can be forward-looking thought pieces or more speculative, summarizing a current problem and providing informed opinions about a proposed solution and calling for new integrative research, and/or highlighting entry points for emerging approaches and techniques. Perspectives differ from regular articles in their forward-looking focus, which can include opinions. This differs from a typical research article that focuses on the authors’ current work. Up to 5000 words but shorter contributions are encouraged. Perspectives require a proposal to the Chief Editor or may be solicited by the journal Editors.
Editors and Staff Contacts
Sonali McDermid, New York University
Pinki Mondal, University of Delaware
Yadu Pokhrel, Michigan State University
Joseph A. Santanello Jr., NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Xiaoyang Zhang, South Dakota State University
Weston Anderson, University of Maryland and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Benjamin I. Cook, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Lamont-Dohery Earth Observatory
Trent W. Ford, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Jill C. Trepanier, Louisiana State University
Peer Review Staff
Andrea Herbst, Assistant to Sonali McDermid
DJ Arruda, Assistant to Xiaoyang Zhang
Hayley Charney, Assistant to Joseph A. Santanello
Erin Gumbel, Assistant to Pinki Mondal and Yadu Pokhrel
Mike Friedman, Associate Director - Publishing Technology
Mark E. Fernau, Lead Technical Editor
Jessica A. LaPointe, Lead Copy Editor
Katie Quirk, Author Submission Support
Earth Interactions is a joint publication of the AMS, AGU, and AAG.