To be eligible for Project Ocean you must:
- Have enough background knowledge or practice/experience with content to benefit from the course
- Teach or supervise the instruction of an ocean related course or relevant subject area
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of oceanography in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
- Be able to pay the $150 academic fee to the AMS Education Program upon acceptance to the course
To apply for Project Ocean:
Instructions on how to apply will be available when the application process opens in mid/late Fall; please return to this page then for more information.
The application deadline will be posted in mid/late Fall, at the same time as the instructions to apply.
Please note that if you are also planning on applying for the Project Atmosphere course, you can use these same instructions to do so; the instructions will indicate how to apply for both.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email (email@example.com) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.