To be eligible for Project Ice you must:
- Have enough background knowledge or practice/experience with content to benefit from the course
- Teach or supervise the instruction of paleoclimate science or relevant subject area
- Demonstrate interest in teaching, curriculum development, and/or the training of fellow teachers
- Demonstrate willingness to promote the teaching of paleoclimate science in your home region through a minimum of one training session for colleagues upon completion of the summer course
- Be able to pay the $150 academic fee to the AMS Education Program upon acceptance to the course
To apply for Project Ice:
- Refer to the instructions linked here. We highly recommend either printing this page and/or keeping these instructions open in another computer tab or window for your reference.
- Begin the application by accessing the link here.
All completed applications must be submitted by November 30, 2023.
Please note that if you are also planning on applying for the Project Atmosphere course or the Project Ocean course, please wait for the application process for these two courses to open later this fall; details will be posted on the AMS webpages for each course linked above.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact AMS via email ([email protected]) or phone (202-737-1043) between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern Time.