Minutes of the March 15, 1999 Meeting
Smoky Mountain AMS Chapter
The meeting was called to order at 7:40 P.M. There were 20 members present.
- Constitution: input, corrections and suggestions will be done via e-mail
- New members were asked to pay dues. The financial reported a balance of $189.50 in the checking account.
- Ray Hoskins suggested that we award a student at the Regional Science Fair. T. J. Blasing is looking for a volunteer to select the recipient at the Science Fair on April 6 for the NOAA's plaque for best meteorology related project.
- Committees needed:
- Program committee - determine meeting places and speakers
- Science and education committee - what should we be doing to expand educational activities
- Nominating committee - nominate candidates for upcoming elections
- Publicity committee - contact newspapers, radio, etc.
- Other items of business:
- Matt Hinkin posed a question: How may were at the first meeting and how many have dropped out? Can we find out? Maybe we need a member sign-in sheet for each meeting.
- Regional Science Fair. Let's award a student with a project related to atmospheric science. We need to announce this to the schools early on next year. We can contact the schools via e-mail. This would be a job for the publicity and science/education committees.
- Next meeting - May 17th
- Will Pendergrass - ETOS program. It's operating on a shoestring budget. They're looking for additional researchers to participate in the project.
Return to Smoky Mountain Chapter Main Page