News and Announcements
- The AMS Weather Analysis and Forecasting Committee will be presenting an Early Career Award this year. This award will be given to an individual who has made significant contributions to the weather forecasting enterprise and is on a path to becoming a science leader in the community.
- The individual must be within 10 years of having earned their highest degree or under 40 years of age, although consideration will also be given to those who are in the early stage of their careers but have seen them interrupted by family leaves, military service, etc.
- If you are eligible and would like to be considered for this award, please submit a CV and paragraph (< 1 page) describing activities related to weather analysis and forecasting at the following link by October 15.
- Please note weather analysis and forecasting activity can span the entire weather enterprise; the committee terms of reference provides for more information about our goals.
- The 28th Conference on Weather Analysis and Forecasting (WAF) / 24th Conference on Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) was held in 2017, at the 97th AMS Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please click here.
- For information specifically on the 28th Conference on Weather Analysis and Forecasting (WAF) / 24th Conference on Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP), please click here.
- Thank you to those who joined us for an invited talk from the Exception Specific Prediction Award recipient Thursday, 26 January 2017: 4:00 PM, in Room 615, titled Managing the “Winter Blitz of 2015” in Southern New England !