Science and Society
- Jacobs, Katherine, "Connecting Science, Policy, and Decision-making: A Handbook for Researchers and Science Agencies."
- Turnhout, E., et al., "New roles of science in society: Different repertoires of knowledge brokering."
- Cohn, T., "The uneasy courtship of science and politics."
- Pielke Jr., R., The Honest Broker: Making Sense of Science in Policy and Politics
The Policy Process
- Congressional Research Service, "American National Government: An Overview"
- Congressional Research Service, "Introduction to the Federal Budget Process"
- Higgins, P., "How to engage Congress"
- Tyler, C., "Top 20 things scientists need to know about policy-making"
This is a short list of additional readings about federal science policy. There is a lot of quality scholarship about science policy, and this list reflects only a small portion of it.
- Prewitt, K., T.A. Schwandt, M.L. Straf (Ed.s), "Using Science as Evidence in Public Policy"
- Neal, H., T. Smith, J. McCormick, U.S. Science Policy in the 21st Century
- Smith, B., et al, "Navigating the Rules of Scientific Engagement"
- White, K. and J. Carney, Working with Congress: A Scientist's Guide to Policy
No matching content found.