From time to time, AMS signs letters of support with other organizations in an effort to reach policy and thought leaders on critically important topics across the greater scientific community.
- 18 May 2017
- Joint Letter on Proposed Visa Changes
- 21 April 2017
- Collective Global Climate Statement
- 6 April 2017
- Multisociety Letter on FY 2017-2018 R&D Budget
- 3 April 2017
- Letter to House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology on Opening Remarks for the 29 March 2017 Hearing
- 28 March 2017
- Multi-society letter on the HONEST Act
- 13 March 2017
- Letter to EPA Administrator Pruitt on Climate Change
- 31 January 2017
- Multi-Society Letter Concerning Executive Order on Immigration and Visas
AMS was among 152 organizations representing a broad spectrum of professional scientific, engineering and education societies, national associations, and universities to sign a letter to President Trump expressing deep concern that his Executive Order on visas and immigration will have a negative impact on the ability of scientists and engineers to enter, or leave from and return to, the United States.