- Saturday March 23th, 2019. 11am - 4:30pm.
- FREE TO ATTEND! If attending, please RSVP here!
- This event is open to all, including the general public and the Ohio University community.
- The AMS Student Chapter at Ohio University strives to provide a learning opportunities for students, professionals, and the general public. The goal with our annual symposium is to expand their knowledge of meteorology while also providing helpful insight to students entering or currently enrolled in a college meteorology program for future job opportunities and guidance.
- We would like to thank all of our sponsors, as this event would not be possible without their tremendous support! The Ohio University Department of Geography, the Scalia Laboratory for Atmospheric Analysis, and the Ohio University Senate Appropriations Commission are our primary sponsors. OUCAMS thanks you for all your support!
Presentations will be given by:
Ron Issac - Keynote Speaker
For full speaker biographies and abstracts, please click here
||Coffee and Snacks
||Joseph Shields, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences & Matt Thigpen, President of OUCAMS
|| Ryan Rickert
||“The World Famous Hurricane Hunters”
||“A New Weather Radar at Purdue University: The X-Band teaching and Research Radar (XTRRA)”
||“No Business like Snow Business”
|| Intermission/Lunch/Student Poster Session
||“Evolving the National Weather Service and the National Centers for Environmental Prediction to Meet User Needs”
||“The Fate of West Antarctica Driven by the Tropics”
||“Meteorology and Insurance- Helping People Recover after Disaster”
||“Broadcast Meteorology: Communication is Key”
||“From Fires to Floods, how the Ohio River Forecast Center supports the NWS Mission of protecting life and property”
||“The Adventures of an Accidental Meteorologist, A Retrospective”
||Closing Remarks followed by group photos
||Tour of Clippinger and Scalia Labs
Click the map below to enter your Starting Point and get directions to Walter Hall.
Margaret M. Walter Hall
Athens, OH 45701
Walter Hall is located just off South Green Dr. across the street from Peden Stadium.
In the below map, the areas in green and purple are free to the public on the weekend, and the blue square in the middle represents Walter Hall. Attendees are encouraged to park in lots 134, 132, and 84:
PLEASE CHECK SIGNS FOR LOTS BEFORE PARKING. SIGNS WILL HAVE TIMES FOR WHEN LOT IS OPEN. OUCAMS IS NOT RESPONISIBLE FOR TICKETED OR TOWED VEHICLES
If you need additional information or have any questions, feel free to email Austin Patrick at email@example.com
, or visit the Ohio University Parking Services webpage at http://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/parking/
Campus Parking Map
RSVP is greatly appreciated so we may get an accurate count of attendees. This event is open to all, so we encourage everyone to attend!
To RSVP, please fill out the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with expected number of attendees.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please contact Matthew Thigpen email@example.com.
Top of page