Live Stream | Speaker Biographies and Abstracts | Symposium Flyer
- Margaret M. Walter Hall Room 235, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701 Click here for directions.
- Saturday March 24th, 2018. 11am - 4pm.
- FREE TO ATTEND! If attending, please RSVP here!
- This event is open to all, including the general public and the Ohio University community.
- The AMS Student Chapter at Ohio University strives to provide a learning opportunities for students, professionals, and the general public. The goal with our annual symposium is to expand their knowledge of meteorology while also providing helpful insight to students entering or currently enrolled in a college meteorology program for future job opportunities and guidance.
- We would like to thank all of our sponsors, as this event would not be possible without their tremendous support! The Ohio University Department of Geography, the Scalia Laboratory for Atmospheric Analysis, and the Ohio University Senate Appropriations Commission are our primary sponsors. OUCAMS thanks you for all your support!
Presentations will be given by:
- Joseph Calderone, U.S. National Weather Service - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
- Mark Elliot, The Weather Channel
- Christopher Hennon, University of North Carolina at Asheville - Department of Atmospheric Sciences
- David Lewellen, West Virginia University - Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Simone Lewis, U.S. National Weather Service - Charleston, WV
- Scott Lutz, Civil Service Meteorologist, Department of the Air Force
- Sarah Perfater, NOAA Weather Prediction Center
- Hank Schyma, Independent Storm Chaser and Documentarian
Click the map below to enter your Starting Point and get directions to Walter Hall.
Margaret M. Walter Hall
Athens, OH 45701
Walter Hall is located just off South Green Dr. across the street from Peden Stadium.
In the below map, the areas in green and purple are free to the public on the weekend, and the blue square in the middle represents Walter Hall. Attendees are encouraged to park in lots 134, 132, and 84:
PLEASE CHECK SIGNS FOR LOTS BEFORE PARKING. SIGNS WILL HAVE TIMES FOR WHEN LOT IS OPEN. OUCAMS IS NOT RESPONISIBLE FOR TICKETED OR TOWED VEHICLES.
If you need additional information or have any questions, feel free to email Michael Garberoglio at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Ohio University Parking Services webpage at http://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/parking/.
Campus Parking Map
RSVP is greatly appreciated so we may get an accurate count of attendees. This event is open to all, so we encourage everyone to attend!
To RSVP, please fill out the form below, or email email@example.com with expected number of attendees.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please contact Kevin Thiel firstname.lastname@example.org.