RealTime Weather Portal
Current Weather Studies - Challenging lab activities with real-time excitement
- Course investigations are self-contained in the eInvestigations Manual or may be completed using the Manual introductory section with Current Weather Studies .
- Current Weather Studies activities expand on important concepts using current or recent climate data and are delivered on a weekly schedule.
Daily Weather Summary - A play-by-play of the weather today
- Available during fall and spring semesters, the daily weather discussion describes the current weather pattern nationwide, with a weekday summary that builds on course content.
Weekly Weather/Climate News - Current events that affect our lives
- This weekly feature contains links to the latest weather and climate news items.
Math Skills - Additional quantitative activities to engage and challenge your students at a variety of competency levels
- Exercises correspond to each textbook chapter, with a Part A and Part B.
- Part A is a quantitative study of important chapter concepts that assumes knowledge of basic algebra.
- More challenging, Part B explores meteorological concepts such as radiation laws, gas laws, energy conservation, and forces and winds.
Critical Thinking/Diversity Component - Reasoned pathways to problem solving in atmospheric science and the real world
- First defining Critical Thinking and its attributes, this component examines a specific critical thinking cognitive skill and an affective attribute relating to that chapter.
- For each chapter there is a suggestion of ways in which critical thinking can be applied the impact of diversity.
Chapter Progress - Additional activities to engage and challenge students
- The weekly Chapter Progress questions correspond to each textbook chapter, providing another way to engage student understanding.