Countries with Developing Economies Special Member Rate
The AMS seeks to engage scientists and other professionals from countries with developing economies (CDE) by providing membership at a fraction of the regular member cost. This special member rate of $20 is offered to residents of countries approved by the AMS Council based on WMO and World Bank data. The current list of eligible countries is updated yearly on July 1.
AMS CDE membership runs on a calendar year basis (January-December) and includes a subscription to Digital BAMS (http://www.ametsoc.org/digitalbams/), published monthly. Journal subscriptions are optional and may be purchased at the discounted member rate. An application for CDE membership may be completed online or downloaded here.
Your AMS member benefits include:
- Full access to Digital BAMS, the online version of Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society (BAMS), the official publication of the AMS
- Subscription to AMS News You Can Use, a weekly electronic newsletter that highlights topics in meteorology and related sciences from sources around the world
- Society journals at greatly reduced subscription rates and deep discounts on new and classic titles in the collection of AMS Books
- Discounted registration fees for AMS annual and specialty meetings and continuing education programs
- Special Member privileges on the AMS Online Career Center
- Full voting privileges
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1200 New York Ave NW, Suites 450 & 500,
Washington, DC 20005-3928
email@example.com Phone: 617-227-2425