Upcoming ESSS Seminars
|To be scheduled
Environmental Science Seminar Series Archives (ESSS)
2009 ESSS Seminars:
2008 ESSS Seminars:
November 21, 2008 Two Engineering Measures to Reduce Global Warming: Injecting Particles into the Atmosphere and "Clean" Coal
October 10, 2008 Ecosystem Health in a Climatically-Altered World - Is 'Species Rescue' part of the Prognosis for the Future?
September 26, 2008 Accelerating Atmospheric CO2 Growth from Economic Activity, Carbon Intensity, and Effieciency of Natural Carbon Sinks
July 11, 2008 Public Attitudes, Perceptions, and Concern about Global Warming: Evidence from a New Survey
June 27, 2008 Coping with Climate Change: Gulf Coast Transportation and New York City Waterworks
May 16, 2008 Climate & Health Effects of Carbon Dioxide and other Air-borne particles
April 25, 2008 Biofuels, Land Conversion & Climate Change
April 7, 2008 Adapting to Climate Change: What Happens to Our Transportation Infrastructure?
March 24, 2008 Solar Radiation, Cosmic Rays and Greenhouse Gases: What's Driving Global Warming?
January 14 , 2008 Natural CO-2 Sinks and their Policy Implications: A Closer Look at Where Current CO-2 Levels are Headed, in Historical Context
2007 ESSS Seminars:
- December 18, 2007 The Frame and Scale of the Climate/Energy Challenge: Issues and Implications
- November 26 , 2007 Arctic Sea Ice Melt and Shrinking Polar Ice Sheets: Are Observed Changes Exceeding Expectations?
- October 29, 2007 Climatically-Induced Increases in Water Vapor and Precipitation: Causation and Implications
- September 21, 2007 Hurricanes and Climate Change: What’s Resolved and What Remains To Be Resolved?
- July 18, 2007 Space Weather: An Evolving Science & Policy Issues
- June 22,2007 The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change: How do we know we're not wrong?
- May 15, 2007 Effective Communication: Persuasion and the Science of Social Influence
- April 16, 2007 Managing Climate Change: The Daunting Energy Challenge Ahead
- March 19, 2007 Marine Fisheries and Ocean Ecosystems: A Global Problem in search of Policy
- February 28, 2007 Anticipating Abrupt Climate Changes: Are Our Perceptions Consistent with the Evidence?
- January 31, 2007 Multiple Lines of Evidence: The Scientific Case for Global Warming and its Causation
2006 ESSS Seminars:
- November 28 , 2006 The Divide between Values and Behavior: Exploring American Perceptions of Global Warming and the Environment
- October 20 , 2006 Is Global Warming Impacting or Expected to Impact, Hurricanes?
- September 25, 2006 "Drought, Water, Wildfires and Climate Change in the Western US - Historical Context and the Road Ahead"
- July 14 , 2006 Impact of Climate Change on Arctic Ecosystems: A Snapshot of Mammals and Forests
- May 31, 2006 Changes in Cold Places Part II: The Role of Air Pollution on Arctic Warming
- May 3, 2006 Changes in Cold Places: A Look at the Greenland Ice Sheet, Arctic Sea Ice and the Antarctic Ice Sheet
- March 21, 2006 Human Alteration of the Nitrogen Cycle: Implications for Plant Growth, Food Supply, Climate, Water Quality, and Human Health
- February 21, 2006 Thawing of Arctic Permafrost: Extent, Causation and Implications
- January 25, 2006 Surface Temperature, CO2 and Methane: The Past, Present and Likely Trajectory of Three Key Indicators of Climate Change
2005 ESSS Seminars:
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1120 G Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington DC, 20005-3826
email@example.com Phone: 617-227-2425