TOPIC: SCIENCE & POLITICS
Questions to consider
- What is the difference between science policy and science politics?
- Which kind of players operate in these realms?
- In which cases are science policy and science politics inseparable?
- Does Science Policy Matter? Issues in Science and Technology, Summer 2007
- Science vs. politics gets down and dirty, USA Today, 08/07/2007
- Greenberg, Daniel, S., 2001: Science, Money, and Politics: Political Triumph and Ethical Erosion, University Chicago Press.
- Pielke Jr., R.A., 2007: The Honest Broker: Making Sense of Science in Policy and Politics, Cambridge University Press. (Chapters 8&9)
- Sarewitz, Daniel, 1996: Frontiers of Illusion: Science, Technology, and Politics of Progress, Temple University Press
NOTE: While we are developing a more comprehensive curriculum, we welcome any comments or suggestions you may have, including references and topics.
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1120 G Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington DC, 20005-3826
email@example.com Phone: 617-227-2425