About the Summer Policy Colloquium
What is it?
The AMS Summer Policy Colloquium brings a select group to Washington, D.C. for an intense, ten-day immersion in atmospheric policy. The Colloquium:
- Provides an overview of policy basics,
and how decisions are made governing
thecourse and future of atmospheric
- Provides opportunities for participants to meet and dialog with the federal officials, Congressional staffers, and others who make those decisions
- Surveys current atmospheric policy issues
- Uses the case study method to
explore a limited number of issues, both past and present, in depth and detail
- Helps participants build skills, experience, and contacts they can use throughout their careers to understand and influence the atmospheric policy process
- Helps participants gauge their aptitude for and interest in the challenges of matching atmospheric science to national priorities, and scientific program leadership.
Who can attend? Participants include:
- mid-level federal managers and scientists
- mid-level private-sector executives
- university faculty
- selected graduate students of demonstrated scientific and leadership potential
- (under exceptional circumstances) undergraduate applications will be considered.
How do I apply?
Total enrollment is limited to 50.
Click here for details on the application process.
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1120 G Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington DC, 20005-3826
email@example.com Phone: 617-227-2425