AMS Certification Programs
Please note that the AMS Council approved changes to ALL AMS Certification Programs on 11 January 2004. All current CCMs, Sealholders, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist candidates and prospective applicants for the Seal and CCM Programs should review the below procedures as the changes impact all. We suggest that you carefully read all the documents. Please note the following:
- The AMS will be accepting applications for the Seal of Approval Program through 31 December 2008.
- All current Sealholders may retain and display their Seals as long as they maintain active status and complete the Professional Development requirement every 5 years.
- Sealholders are NOT required to upgrade to a CBM. Application to this program is completely voluntary.
- Sealholders (who received their Seal
status prior to 1 January 2005) wishing to upgrade to CBM without having to
meet the requirement of a degree in atmospheric sciences or a weathercast review must apply by 1
January 2009. The CBM test must be passed by 1 January 2011.
- Candidates for the Seal of Approval program must submit their Seal application by 31 December 2004 and have that application be successful in order to upgrade to CBM without having to meet the requirement of a degree in atmospheric sciences. The CBM application, in turn, must be received by 1 January 2009.
Headquarters: 45 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108-3693
DC Office: 1120 G Street, NW, Suite 800 Washington DC, 20005-3826
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-227-2425